Thursday, March 21, 2013

SweetHeart VoxBox 2013

I recently joined Influenster, it's such a great community for reviewing and keeping up with the latest and greatest products. And if you participate enough (whatever they deem enough) and you're popular enough (by other users votes) they choose you to be apart of their current voxbox. I got selected last month to receive the sweetheart voxbox and i've been testing out the products all month so I can give a nice review of everything I received. Did I mention everything is free? YUP, step aside glossy box/ipsy/birchbox etc.. Influenster is FREE.

There are all of the items that were included in my box
A nice little mix of everything, huh? I was pretty excited once I opened the box!

Olay Fresh Effects [Va-Va-Vivid]
Powered Contour Cleansing System

Starting off with this one! this is a skin care item. I'm not the type of girl that spends a lot of money or time on her skin.  I'm pretty lucky in that aspect that my skin is not very finicky, nor is it very demanding/high maintenance.

The cleanser is okay, it cleans my face and it doesn't make it feel tight or overly clean. I can't really comment on the reducing of oiliness because I don't have oily skin, it's dry/normal. But it worked nicely and I think if you have my type of skin this may work for you, i'm not sure if it truly controls oils though

The brush is amazing. It has a button that you press and it vibrates.  It really cleans the skin really well.  My skin is a little too sensitives for devices like the clarasonic, so this is a very nice and gentle alternative if you're someone that has sensitive skin, and doesn't need/want to spend the money on a clarasonic.

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response Deodorant 

Let me start off by saying that I haven't used commercial deodorant in many years. I'm allergic to it. I have used LUSH's Aromaco for at least 3 years religiously, nothing else touching my armpits. So when I saw this I immediately thought, "there's is no way I can even try testing this" but something inside me said. No girl, go ahead and give it a shot.
So before I headed out of my house to the gym I decided okay let me try it out it'll only be for a few hours so I'll shower once it starts burning like it normally would. However, I worked out, sweated, showered and no reaction!!! The doors opened and the skies cleared, no longer must I search for deodorant that wont irritate my skin, because here influenster has found it for me.
This is a great deodorant, I'm a very sweaty person. I sweat easily and not only that I tend to stress out rather easily (i'm a nurse!) This really does fight the sweat and stank.  I feel much more confident when ever i'm out and about because I know i'm not going to be stinky using this.
So I would say if you have sensitive armpits like me, don't be scared to try this out! I'm definitely going to buy this again once I run out of this one.

Not Your Mothers She's a Tease

I love the small size of this bottle. But truthfully I haven't used this. I don't tease my hair and I never put hairspray in my hair at all. I'd like to think it works well, but I just can't comment on it.

Skinny Girl Daily On-The-Go Bars

This bar is AMAZING. it tastes SO good. I got the blueberry flavor and wow guys. If you happen to see these in store GET IT. It's absolutely delicious. It's not very high in calories or sugar and it's greek yogurt but it totally feels like it's white chocolate. And the blueberries add such a nice sweetness to it. However, I do wish I was higher in protein because that and fiber will keep you full longer.  But as far as a snack to cut a candy/chocolate craving this thing does the trick!


That's everything I received from influenster, and once again I really do think this is a wonderful program. These are all items I would have never tried otherwise! So if you've been hesitant to try it out I'd say go for it. Sign up for an account, participate and hopefully they'll pick you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment